Safety Program Manager, OSHA EPA
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Mon through Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm, occasional extended periods of time as necessary to support airline operations)
• Reports To: Director of Safety
• Direct Reports: This is not a supervisory position.
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Safety Program Manager is responsible to oversee the compliance of OSHA, EPA and Hazmat compliance at PSA Airlines.
• Develop and maintain PSA OSHA policies and procedures per the OSHA standards.
• Work closely with the Maintenance Training department to ensure the creation and execution of an effective OSHA training course.
• Work with each of the Maintenance bases and PSA facility buildings to maintain compliance and answer any OSHA related questions.
• Ensure compliance with all EPA standards and oversee the creation of the Environmental Coordinators in each of the stations that meet the requirements of a small quantity waste generator.
• Responsible to develop and maintain the Environmental Protection plan for PSA.
• Responsible to work with the local facility leadership to oversee the development of each Emergency Action Plan to include evacuation maps, safety equipment, tornado shelters and safety drills for each PSA facility.
• Develop general OSHA training for the company.
• Develop company procedures/training/awareness on local fire code.
• Responsible to facilitate the Insurance Company Hazard Yearly Inspections. Ensure all areas of concern/noncompliance are addressed.
• Responsible to work with Vendors to oversee all building upgrades/maintenance meet or exceed all applicable regulations to include but not limited to (safety equipment, fire protection systems, fall protection systems, elevators etc.)
• Responsible to set up First Aid kits, AED’s contracts at each PSA facility.
• Responsible to set up American Heart Association First Aid training for company personnel.
• Responsible to ensure occupancy permits for all PSA facilities buildings are current.
• Responsible Manager to oversee the Hazmat program.
• Work with Maintenance and Stores to develop policies, procedures and training to ensure we remain in compliance with hazmat regulations.
• Responsible to update and maintain the company dangerous goods manual.
• Immediately report any undeclared hazmat/dangerous good event to federal agencies as required.
• Responsible for the OSHA Compliance Management and tracking of injuries.
• Responsible to oversee the investigation process of OSHA injuries.
• Responsible to develop and maintain PSA’s hearing conservation program.
• Responsible to develop and maintain PSA’s respirator fit testing.
• Work with the vendors to communicate, schedule and facilitate the testing of all Technicians at each Maintenance Base.
• Responsible to track the completion of all Technicians hearing and respirator fit testing through the Learning Management System. Input secondary job roles into LMS to track the completion.
• Participate in Maintenance and Ground Damage Investigations to determine root cause and preventative actions.
• Responsible to complete the yearly required PPE OSHA hazard assessment.
• Responsible to maintain a list of chemicals in 3E and ensure that all hazards are appropriately mitigated with PPE, training etc.
• Responsible to oversee the chemical/hazard review process that ensures any chemical introduced at PSA has been appropriately analyzed and any potential hazards mitigated with PPE/Training/Etc.
• Responsible to update and maintain the Safety Policy and Procedures Manual.
• Prepare and distribute reports to federal, state and local safety authorities as required.
• Responsible to complete OSHA/EPA audits on behalf of the Internal Evaluation Program (IEP) to ensure that these items are monitored through routine audits.
• Participate in SMS data analysis group, standards board, company standards board meeting where presentations are made to executive leadership.
• Present safety and compliance data to senior management.
• Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office programs
• Previous OSHA/EPA Experience
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• Must be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the U.S.
• Must be able to obtain OSHA/EPA certification
• Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Occupational Safety or related field
• Four years of airline operations experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Problem Solving
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive situations
• Interacting with all levels of company personnel
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position.
Delegation: In absence, the Director of Safety will handle and re-assign tasks.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.