Crew Records Specialist
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time, Tues through Sat or Sun through Thurs (During training: Mon – Fri)
• Reports To: Manager of Operations Records
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Crew Records Specialist is responsible for the overall fidelity of data being input into the electronic records repository for PSA. As such this person must be familiar with all incoming records and be able to find errors and omissions prior to the data being entered into the official record.
• In-depth knowledge of FOM and AQPT sections that are relevant to required medical, training and qualification records input and retention.
• Review daily training schedules to maintain awareness of when training records should arrive for review and input into the electronic records repository for PSA.
• Work with the appropriate Training Managers to ensure that training/qualification records are turned into the records department in a timely fashion.
• Ensure records input happens in a timely manner and alert all downline departments when a student is release from training.
• Participate in the on-call system for after hours recording of records, and release of students from training to line status.
• Partner with the Manager of AQP to provide accurate, on time monthly, quarterly and annual submissions of AQP data to the FAA.
• Partner with the Safety Department regarding any records compliance issues that are discovered during normal daily operations or audits.
• Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years of experience in detailed paperwork
• Demonstrated knowledge of 14 CFR, Part 121 as it relates to crewmember records retention
• Ability to utilize the current electronic records repository utilized by PSA
• Proficient at Excel, PowerPoint and other reporting tools necessary to complete job duties
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• Previous Quality Assurance experience related to record keeping
• Previous Training Department experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Maintaining confidentiality
Delegation: In absence, responsibilities delegated to Manager of Operations Records
Supervisory Responsibility: This role does not have direct reports
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 and pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.