• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
• Reports To: Director of Air Ops, Training Planning & Crew Pay
• Relocation: Some assistance available
• Travel: Minimal travel expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Business Analyst assists in the creation and maintenance of all analysis required for PSA operations. This role involves the design and implementation of models, KPIs, and dashboards regarding PSA’s crew training footprint and manpower models. This role is essential to PSA as it requires an understanding of the start-to-end lifecycle of a crew member from day 1 to termination and the nuances of each step. This includes complex data analytics and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
• Responsible for PSA operations model data integrity; development and maintenance of PSA operations data repository
• Calibrate input parameters to the operations models and forecast trends
• Monitor and track variance to plan; provide reports focusing on trends and anomalies; seek out action plans and recommend corrective action to improve model accuracy
• Develop/automate reporting capabilities and data extraction methods to build in process efficiencies that minimize manual analyses which includes assisting other departments in these effort
• Interprets and communicates analytic results to Sr. Leadership
• Construct and deliver written reports of analytic approaches and findings (PPT, visualization of data / decision tree), formulating recommendations, partners with external groups regarding access, accuracy, and timing of critical data
• Employ a continuous improvement mindset especially in process creation or evaluation
• Respond to ad hoc data/analysis requests; provide support as an analytical resource to other PSA departments
• Be timely and prepared for all meetings. This includes prepping conference rooms for hosted meetings
• Manage deliverables or inputs needed from other departments via email, phone, or verbal communication
• Maintain the master training blueprint that outlines & notates details of the training footprint
• Learn and notate details regarding the start-to-end lifecycle of a crew member from day 1 to termination and the nuances of each step
• Maintain given best practices for all models, process, and organization to ensure files can be found and processes/models include instructions
• Collaborate with the operations stakeholders to develop dashboards around key performance indicators
• Complete other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned, in order to achieve departmental objectives
• Responsible for development of a well-defined process to track crew member’s status in training and reconcile any discrepancies
• Build and maintain analytical operations models to identify variances/bottlenecks in the training footprint or manpower models
• Perform future instructor staffing analysis and guide training staffing decisions; identify and report productivity challenges and related costs
• Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Operation Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science, Finance, Data Analytics, Business Administration, or related field
• 2+ years of experience in advanced data analytics or business analysis
• Experience in modeling techniques (e.g. statistical, optimization, simulation, spreadsheet) to answer business questions and to assess the impact and added value of recommendations
• Proficient in the use of data retrieval languages such as Access/SQL/PowerQuery
• Experience with data reporting and visualization tools and techniques like Tableau
• Skills in modeling complex ideas, using database programs, data mining for statistically valid information and formulating hypotheses
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel
• Ability to speak/read/write in English.
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Proficiency with databases and scripting languages
• Project management
• Communications (verbal and written)
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Delegation: In absence, responsibilities delegated to the Director of Air Ops, Training Planning, & Crew Pay
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.