Aviation Parts Lead
• Location: Charlotte, NC, Dayton, OH, Cincinnati, OH, North Canton, OH, Greenville-Spartanburg, SC, Savannah, GA, Pensacola, FL, Norfolk, VA
• Work Schedule / Shift: Varies
• Reports To: Aviation Parts Supervisor
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: No Assistance available
• Travel: Some travel will be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As an Aviation Parts Lead, you will impact PSA Airlines’ operations by working with maintenance staff to fulfill their parts requests and needs. You will work with other Aviation Parts Clerks to compile records concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, and equipment. In supporting the maintenance department you will ensure quality service.
The Stores Lead performs the duties of a Stores Clerk while also assisting the Stores Supervisor to complete the following activities in a timely manner per established company guidelines and performs all roles assigned by the Stores Manager in his/her absence:
• Works in the absence of the Stores Manager and Store Supervisor to lead the team in completing assigned tasks for each shift.
• Ensures that the Receiving, Inspection, and binning of the daily deliveries of materials and shipment of repairs and stock transfers within established standards and times.
• Ensures that all incomplete tasks are documented and conveyed via accepted method of handoff between shift changes.
• Works with Supervisor to ensure that all materials requested by the maintenance technicians are provided promptly to support line, overnight and heavy check operations.
• Trains Stores Clerks in the proper procedures to ensure that parts/materials are properly stored, segregated, and labelled, and that they comply with current Shelf Life Programs and hazardous materials storage guidelines.
• Reviews tasks performed by clerks throughout the shift and identifies opportunities for improvements to training methods and communicates to the Stores Supervisor.
• Serves as a reference point and mentor to the team in all aspects of Stockroom operations that are applicable to their respective job classifications. This includes, but is not limited to computerized management and issuance of materials, hazmat training, shelf life training, cycle counting, as well as storage, packaging, receiving, of materials and disposal of hazardous, scrap or BER materials per established company guidelines.
• Provides professional development input for the Stores Manager and Stores Supervisor to assist with performance reviews and plans for the Stores Team using established PSA company guidelines.
• Ensures that all activities relative to AOG and after hour AOG support are carried out in the most safe, expeditious, and economical way possible.
• Works with Supervisor to ensure that parts are transferred to other store locations in a timely and effective manner to support the PSA fleet and identifies and communicates opportunities for improvement to the Stores Manager or Stores Supervisor.
• Works with Supervisor to ensure that parts and equipment that are requisitioned by maintenance? Supervisors, are ordered in a timely manner in after hour and AOG situations.
• Works with Supervisor to ensure that material inspection of incoming parts is in accordance with procedures as determined by the Chief Inspector and that rejected materials are tagged and stored per the established guidelines.
• Assists the Supervisor with the inventory control program to ensure accurate identification and retrieval of parts/materials in support of the PSA fleet requirements.
• Other projects as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to obtain SIDA badging
• Have a Valid Driver’s License
• Able to read blueprint and electrical schematics
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• At least 2 years of facility maintenance experience
• 1 year of experience in a leadership or supervisory capacity
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Time and performance management
• Problem solving
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 90% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 10% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs.; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.