Supervisor of Flight Operations Records Support
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Manager of Training Support
• Direct Reports: Crew Records Specialists
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Supervisor of Flight Operations Records Support is responsible for the accurate input, maintenance, and retrieval of training records for Flight Operations, Inflight Operations, and Dispatch for the company’s electronic training records repository.
• Work with the Director of Flight Operations Training and Manager of AQP to ensure records accuracy, compile appropriate data for FAA submission.
• Work with PSA’s IAP to ensure audits are conducted on a regularly scheduled basis.
• Ensure all records are up to date, accurate, and are in alignment with the applicable training manual.
• Works to meet FAA established requirements prior to entry into the company’s electronic training records repository.
• Notify the Director of Training when discrepancies are discovered within the training records being supplied by the Instructors, Check Persons, or Aircrew Program Designees.
• Support the Training Team in the construct and submittal of all required FAA/NTSB reporting.
• Employ developed tactics for communicating Company goals and department performance requirements to ground training scheduling personnel.
• Provide direct oversite of the Records Specialists and Data Input Clerks.
• Manage direct report performance.
• Communicate records concerns and provide recommendations to the Director Flight Operations Training Support and Records Administration.
• Ensure corporate standards and affirmative action programs are communicated and implemented.
• Make recommendations for the Training Support operating and capital expense budgets
• Develop and maintain a procedures manual for all tasks related to the review, input retention and auditing of training records.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous airline training records department, or training department experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of all applicable FARs
• Understanding of 121 Flight and Inflight Training Manuals
• Ability to speak/read/write in English.
• Must be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the U.S.
• At least 3 years Flight Operations Management experience
• At least 1 years of Flight Training Support Experience
• Experience with Comply Schedule, MINT, and Crew Trac
• Experience writing technical documents and/or periodical literature
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Problem solving
• Multi-tasking projects with time sensitive deadlines
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Delegation: In absence, the department Director will handle and re-assign tasks.
Authorities: Responsible for accurate input, maintenance, and retrieval of training records for Flight Operations, Inflight Operations, and Dispatch into the company’s electronic training records repository. When absent the duties and responsibilities of this role will be assumed by the department Director.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will have direct reports.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.