Maintenance Operations Duty Manager
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time with an expecation of having availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Reports To: Manager - Maintenance Operations Control
• Direct Reports: All assigned support staff
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Less than 10%
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Manager, Inflight Operations is responsible for developing the Inflight Supervisor Team through guiding, coaching, and counseling. The primary function of this position is to support the Director of Inflight Operations in the safe and efficient administration of Inflight Operations. The Base Manager assesses performance, appearance and conduct in accordance with regulations, company policy and standards and anticipates Inflight Operations department-related needs.
• Promotes and upholds PSA’s culture by being an approachable and visible leader.
• Support, engage, coach and develop a high performing team of InFlight Supervisors and Flight Attendants through inclusion and engagement.
• Creates initiatives and meets goal performance metrics in support of PSA’s 5 Imperatives for Growth, Opportunity and Stability.
• Responsible for ensuring operational and personnel issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
• Fosters trust and respect with Flight Attendants and AFA leaders.
• Coaches and counsels InFlight Supervisors, Flight Attendants and Administrative Staff to assure a thorough understanding and compliance with all Company and departmental policies, procedures and regulations.
• Promotes health, wellness, safe working practices, and a safe environment.
• Collaborate with many workgroups including Human Resources, Flight, Airport Operations, Safety, Crew Scheduling and the OCC.
• Gives work directions, resolves problems, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
• Conduct new hire orientation and familiarization to line operations.
• Evaluate current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives by analyzing trends and providing reporting tools.
• Implement process improvements and recommendations for changes in practices.
• Develop and manage special projects and take on the role of mentoring others
• Conduct investigatory hearings and issue corrective action as applicable and necessary.
• Coordinate with the Supervisor, InFlight Performance in managing FDS and InFlight Supervisor Concourse Duties to decrease delays, ensure on-time departures, and enhance customer service.
• Reachable via smart phone 24 / 7 as necessary to meet the needs of the operation.
• Associate Degree or Equivalent work experience
• At least 3 years of experience in a leadership role
• Required Technical Skills and experience include working knowledge of Microsoft office and Excel
• Strong problem analysis and resolution skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must be innovative, caring and creative to address workforce issues and proactively prevent problems
• Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority badges
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, CFR Part 121.
• Previous experience in leadership in an Inflight operational position
• College Degree preferred.
• Previous Flight Attendant experience preferred
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Collaborative problem solving
• Coaching & Development
• Driving excellence
• Facilitating change
• Strategic thinking
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position
Delegation: In absence, the Director will handle and re-assign tasks.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 and pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.