Maintenance Training Instructor
• Location: Charlotte, NC, Dayton, OH, Cincinnati, OH, North Canton, OH, Greenville-Spartanburg, SC, Savannah, GA, Pensacola, FL, Norfolk, VA
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time; flexible shifts/days; must be able to work different shifts as required
• Reports To: Manager of Maintenance Training
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is the The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Maintenance Training Instructor is responsible for teaching in a formal classroom setting training courses such as, but not limited to, all aircraft systems and procedures, maintenance paperwork, stores department procedures including hazardous materials handling/shipping safety, human factors, test equipment, root cause analysis, composite repair, run/taxi operations and other subjects to Aircraft Maintenance personnel.
• Teach in a formal classroom setting training courses such as, but not limited to, all aircraft systems and procedures, maintenance paperwork, stores department procedures including hazardous materials handling/shipping safety, human factors, test equipment, root cause analysis, composite repair, run/taxi operations and other subjects.
• Teach recurrent, informal, test equipment and on-the-job training to company and vendor personnel.
• Research, develop, implement and revise curriculum.
• Conduct aircraft engine run and taxi training/testing utilizing live aircraft and flight simulators.
• Assist with the maintenance, upkeep, security and auditing of training records.
• Maintain proper completion of training documentation.
• Promoting sound operational judgement and a safety-oriented attitude throughout the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at: