Supervisor of Human Resources
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM (occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Director of Labor Employment
• Direct Reports: At least 2
• Travel: Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Supervisor of Human Resources is responsible for developing and implementing best practices for various HR functions in the Legal, Labor, and Employment Department, and for overseeing the team members who report to this position.
• Supervise the work of team members, including providing day-to-day guidance on HR tasks and developing those team members’ skills in partnership with other members of LLE management
• Oversee and administer the digital personnel file system, ensuring that personnel files are created and maintained appropriately, and that user permissions are set up correctly to ensure compliance with all applicable Company policies and legal requirements
• Work with other LLE team members to update HR policies and the Team Member Handbook, including developing and leading a formal policy review process
• Assist with unemployment claim processing by gathering required data and participating in unemployment hearings on behalf of the Company as required
• Ensure HR-related required notifications and postings comply with applicable law
• Develop and/or update standard operating procedures for core HR processes
• Work with PSA’s Corporate Communications team to disseminate key changes in HR policies and procedures to impacted personnel
• Lead and participate in special projects, as assigned, that encompass the breadth of HR functions
• Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3-5 years of experience in human resources
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs and human resources-related systems
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or related field
• HR certification
• Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, to include, but not limited to; federal, state, and local employment laws, policy development and administration, unemployment processes, personnel file compliance and document retention
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Problem solving
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Delegation: In absence, responsibilities delegated to Director of Labor and Employment
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position with direct reports
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.