Crew Pay Coordinator
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time
• Reports To: Manager of Finance
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Little to no travel is expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Crew Pay Coordinator, you will impact PSA Airlines’ employee satisfaction and financial plan through maintaining payroll policies and procedures in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreements. In providing the accurate and timely completion of Pilot and Flight Attendant payroll, you will ensure financial obligations are met and our crew is satisfied.
• Coordinate tasks necessary to complete Pilot or Flight Attendant bi-monthly payroll within the Crew Pay Department. Coordination includes collaboration with Crew Pay Analyst and the Manager of Finance
• Coordinate monthly, weekly, and daily workflow schedule(s) to ensure accurate completion of all tasks related to either Pilot or Flight Attendant payroll
• Lead monthly payroll audits to ensure accuracy
• Foster strong working relationships and trust with crew members and cross departmental leaders in Labor Relations, Scheduling, Flight Ops, HR, IT, and the payroll department at the Shared Services Organization (SSO)
• Support the Manager of Finance in establishing departmental goals and objectives that directly impact Crew Pay strategy
• Identify, evaluate, and help to implement process improvements to help make Crew Pay processes more efficient
• Assist in the training and development of new Crew Pay Analyst
• Preform traditional job duties expected of a Crew Pay Analyst including the following:
o Resolve pay discrepancies and preform audits on pay codes and timekeeping in Crew Trac on a daily basis
o Educate both crew members and other departments within the company on correct coding for pay
o Generate payroll reports to the SSO for bi-monthly crew pay
o Generate payroll resolutions to the SSO for pay to crew members
o Lead crew pay presentations monthly to newly hired Pilot and Flight Attendant classes
o Maintain/update crew members contractual pay rates
o Other duties as assigned by Manager of Finance
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least one year of crew payroll experience
• Aviation experience
• Knowledge of airline and aviation terminology
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• Associates or Bachelors degree
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Handling sensitive situations
• Maintaining confidentiality
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 90% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 10% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs.; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.