Director of Crew Planning
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (extended hours may be required)
• Reports To: VP of Operations Planning and Performance
• Direct Reports: Yes
• Relocation: Some assistance available
• Travel: Required
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers’ American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Director, Crew Planning provides direction to assure Flight Operations achieves Company goals and objectives associated with safety, reliability, and operational efficiency, productivity. This role oversees the preparation of monthly crew bids based on marketing schedules, ALPA contract compliance, and staffing distribution. Provides leadership to ensure best practices in planning and performance.
• Responsible for maintaining compliance with all standards established by PSA Airlines.
• Acts as a liaison with relevant external entities.
• Ensures that monthly crew flying schedules are developed based on marketing schedules, ALPA contract compliance, and staffing distribution.
• Liaisons with American Airlines’ Network Planning for development of flight schedules
• Monitor preparation of monthly crew bids for distribution and review by ALPA and AFA Scheduling Committees.
• Oversees the monitoring of schedule block times to assure accuracy and maintain standards set for on time performance.
• Ensures the distribution of all schedule information internally, which includes flight number ranges, new cities, block hours, and all monthly changes. Also ensures data is provided to FAA, airports and mainline departments.
• Ensures completed schedule files are provided for Crew Planning to load into FLICA and Crew Trac.
• Oversees the building of future flight schedules to ensure that crewmembers are used efficiently and effectively and keeping hotel and transportation costs to a minimum.
• Liaisons with Hotel Connections for sourcing and securing all crew member hotel contracts.
• Coordinates SABRE and Shared Services to assure the deadhead flight reservations are established and confirmed monthly.
• Attends monthly ALPA and AFA Scheduling Committees Meetings in order to discuss requested improvements and issues regarding monthly crew schedules and Crew Scheduling practices.
• Oversees manpower planning to ensure adequate headcount for flight schedules
• Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in managing a crew planning/scheduling or related department.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with crew tracking or planning software
• Proficient experience with Microsoft Office software
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
• Must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• Previous experience with CrewTrac and/or Sabre
• Previous experience with S3RUS planning software
• Previous experience with modeling and forecasting.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Problem Solving
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisor position
Delegation: In absence, the Vice President of Operations Planning and Performance will handle and re-assign tasks
Work Environment: Operational Control Center is open from 5 a.m. to 12 a.m., 7 days a week. Dispatchers must be willing to work holidays, weekends and evenings.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.