• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
• Reports To: LOA Program Manager
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: 10% possible Travel
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The LOA Coordinator is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. This position supports PSA team members and carries out a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to the following functional areas: medical, military and personal leaves of absence, unemployment, Family Medical Leave (FMLA) and ADA administration.
• Provides communication to team members that is in keeping with the general direction and guidance received from the LOA Administrator, HR leadership and the legal department
• Ensures team members are provided with timely and consistent answers to questions about the leave and workers’ compensation programs in accordance with applicable federal and state laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.) and company practice
• Daily monitoring of the Leave of Absence emails
• Provides administrative support to the Leave Administrator on all leave and workers’ compensation programs
• Independently approves and/or denies leave cases based on relevant medical information
• Coordinates the imaging and storage of all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and privacy guidelines are closely followed and enforced
• Manages all administrative aspects of leave and workers’ compensation claims through the HR Information System (HRIS) and vendor systems to include tracking hours used/taken and working closely with the Benefits, HRIS/Compensation and Payroll workgroups to ensure that time off and pay for team members is correct or that the necessary adjustments are made to make it accurate
• Works closely with team members to ensure that all medical documentation is valid and submitted for timely review
• Maintains appropriate contact with team members on leave and coordinates the LOA return to work process for associates on leave
• Works closely with the Employee Relations team to identify, research and resolve cases involving fraudulent leave activity or workers’ compensation claims
• Develops reporting metrics and analytics for activity related to leaves of absence and workers’ compensation claims. Builds and presents reports as needed
• Ensures that STD claims are coordinated with FMLA or general medical cases
• Assists in the creation and facilitation of leave administration and workers’ compensation training programs
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned
• 2 years in human resources position or equivalent work experience
• Experience handling leaves of absence administration
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• Associate degree in business administration, human resources or related field
• Experience handling unemployment and worker’s compensation claims and supporting employee relations cases
• PHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus
• Workday HRIS experience
• Strong Microsoft Excel and Power Point experience
• Experience with benefits, HRIS, compensation and payroll a plus
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Interpersonal skills
• Project management
• Performance management
• Problem solving/analysis
• Ethical conduct
• Strong communication ability to make recommendations to upper management
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Professional aptitude
• Multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities
Delegation: In absence, the Manager of Human Resources will handle the delegation of duties
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.