Flight Safety Analyst
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00Am-5:00PM (occasional extended periods of time as necessary)
• Reports To: ASAP Program Manager, FOQA Program Manager and all Flight Safety Specialists
• Direct Reports: 0
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Some travel will be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligiblle employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Flight Safety Analyst impacts PSA Airlines’ safety of its customers and employees; in the day to day operation of the Flight Safety Department and all of the Flight Safety Programs.
• Evaluate, analyze, and process safety reports submitted to any of the PSA administered Aviation Safety Action Programs (ASAP), Operations, and Fatigue reports for all frontline working groups.
• Investigate the issues raised in each safety report.
• Analyze safety data, policies, procedures, and fatigue reports.
• Facilitate the Pilot and Dispatch ASAP program.
• Prepare for and facilitate the Event Review Committee (ERC) Meetings.
• Integrate Root Cause Analysis into the ERC meetings and trend the data.
• Track and trend the ASAP data to identify safety issues and present the safety data to the ERC and Management.
• Draft ERC Recommendations/Safety Risk Assessments from the ERC.
• Track the effectiveness of all ERC Recommendations/Corrective Actions.
• Create Safety Promotional (Quarterly ASAP Briefs, Safety Bulletins, Safety Newsletter etc.).
• Assist the program manager with maintaining all the ASAP Memorandum of Understandings (MOU) or Partnership Agreement.
• Coordinate data sharing with the Confidential Information Sharing Program (CISP).
• Assist with maintaining the Flight Safety Index.
• Prepare for Fatigue Meetings, take meeting minutes and action/close out reports as necessary.
• Analyze Fatigue data and make presentations / recommendations to the Company / Fatigue Committee.
• Interface with Company Managers by participating in the Company Safety Management System (SMS) meetings.
• Conduct various safety promotional presentations to increase the knowledge and awareness of PSA ASAP program and support departmental safety promotional efforts as needed.
• Join and assist in regular meetings with various Departments within the company to share applicable Safety data.
• Brief company Safety Action Groups (SAGs) on collected and analyzed data.
• Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation or Aviation Safety or equivalent experience
• Experience and/or relevant coursework within Aviation Safety, Flight Operations, or Dispatch
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent writing/ communication skills required
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• (2-3) years of experience within Aviation Safety, Flight Operations, or Dispatch
• Airman Certificate
• Knowledge of Web Based Application Tool (WBAT) and/or Intelex
• Experience with data visualization
• Experience in statistical analysis
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time and performance management
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Delegation: In absence, duties will be performed by the Flight Safety Program Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.