Maintenance Training Instructor Supervisor
• Location: TBD
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time; hours vary and include evenings
• Reports To: MTX Training Manager
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Direct Reports: 4 at each of the 8 bases
• Travel: Required to maintenance bases
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Maintenance Training Supervisor impacts PSA’s growth and the training program by supervising all maintenance training instructor personnel. Ensuring our students are getting all the training necessary to provide high quality maintenance to our aircraft; getting all of our customers to their destination safely and on time to their destination.
• Provide direct supervision of the Maintenance Training Instructors at assigned stations.
• Schedule the MTIs in such a manner that adequate coverage is provided.
• Prepare written and verbal reports to Maintenance Training Manager.
• Ascertain that all necessary training records are properly executed by the responsible MTI.
• Account for the performance of assigned personnel.
• Maintain liaison with Maintenance, Maintenance Planning and other departments to support training requirements.
• Ensure MTIs are trained on the proper use of all shop tools, test equipment, etc. Ensure adequate resources are available to the Maintenance Training Staff for required tasks.
• Ensure that equipment, classrooms, and work areas are kept in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Deliver briefings to ensure team is well informed and creating opportunity for open dialogue.
• Assist and support the Maintenance Training Manager in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
• Ensure that decisions made and actions taken are in the best interest of PSA in all matters relating to aircraft Maintenance Reliability and Training.
• Ensure compliance with all policies, practices, procedures, processes and methods required by the PSA GMM and other PSA technical data, directives and instructions.
• Compile and provide various reports and data packages as required or requested.
• Will attend meetings and interface with directors and other managers as needed to fill in for Maintenance Training Manager.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Training Manager.
• Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Aircraft Maintenance or Management
• A&P license
• 3 years previous aircraft maintenance experience
• Capable of using respirators and other personal protective equipment including eye and hearing protection
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Interpersonal skills
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.