Air Operations Specialist
• Location: Dayton OH
• Work Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (occasional hours may vary and duty may be extended)
• Reports To: Supervisor of Inflight Reliability and Administration
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: None (0%)
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Air Operations Specialist supports the Ops Performance and Inflight Reliability department through administrative and office support and special project management. This position carries out a variety of responsibilities including, but not limited to: communicating via phone and email ensuring that all administrative assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality in a timely manner. This position staffs the Air Operations Desk in the base to provide front line support to Crew members.
• Administrative Audit during the blend (last week of month through first week of month) to identify transferring Crewmembers, Inbound and outbound, and plan their badging, parking, organizational needs. Communicate information with these crew members through a welcome letter.
• Provide direct support and communication to Pilots and FA’s daily regarding Badging, parking and company forms.
• Maintain spreadsheets of issued parking passes, SIDA badge (expiration dates, etc.). Compare lists provided by the local Airport Authority and audit. Track terminations and returned Company Items for payroll purposes (iPad, tablets, parking passes, crew badges, etc.). Communicate with returns department.
• Respond to Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) user calls/emails for troubleshooting.
• Work with Sr. EFB Specialist to ensure quality and stock of EFBs and associated equipment are available for Inflight crew members in each base.
• Assist in the processing of returned company items.
• Base Maintenance – make sure base is properly maintained and needs communicated. Check Computers as working, order supplies as needed, manage the FED Ex requirements for transporting company items/weekly deliveries.
• Assists Leadership by providing detailed operations performance summary and availability reports, including Right Start reporting to support Crewmember needs and reduce delays.
• Daily review absences and point balances via email from crew scheduling and the auto reliability emails. Adjust point accruals as necessary.
• Acts as a Special Events Coordinator for base activity and to encourage Employee Engagement.
• Represents Air Operations through communication/relationship building with TSA, Airport Authority, Ground Operations partners and Vendors.
• Barclays point of contact for the base to include receipt and management of applications, and communication for stock needs.
• IOE point of contact for IOE packets, ensures bases are stocked with FA IOE and Line Check packets as well as Pilots IOE packets. Request supply as needed.
• Special Air Operations Project Management – Assist with new and ongoing projects within department.
• Assist with company mail at HDQ.
• Act as backup for Air Operations Administrative Assistant.
• Manage K2 project from an Inflight Perspective regarding delay programs. Read, evaluate and forward reports in a timely manner and respond, as necessary.
• As needed participate in Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• High School Education or Equivalent
• Required Technical Skills and experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office and Excel
• Experience with telephone conferencing and email communication
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to speak/read/write in English.
• Must be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the U.S.
• Previous experience in airline operations
• Knowledge of K2 programs, Tableau, and Crewtrac systems
• Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
• Experience with Apple iOS
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Problem solving/analysis
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will not have Direct Reports
Delegation: In absence,the Supervisor of Inflight Reliability and Administration will handle and re-assign tasks.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and in an airport terminal. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.