Assistant Director of Maintenance & Engineering IT Solutions
• Work Schedule: Full time (occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Director of Maintenance Operations Control, CASS, and Continuous Improvement
• Direct Reports: Yes
• Travel: Travel maybe expected of this position. Not to exceed 25%
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. Eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Assistant Director of Maintenance & Engineering Technology Solutions is responsible for the reliability and performance of PSA’s M&E technology footprint (product) by delivering and maintaining technology solutions to support M&E. Identify and drive improvement opportunities with current and future technology solutions. On behalf of the entire maintenance organization, act as the primary liaison between M&E and the IT organization to prioritize and implement technology solutions.
• Works with IT to develop a roadmap based on the Maintenance department’s vision
• Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria
• Implements the product strategy by transforming the vision into clearly defined attainable objectives for IT and the Maintenance department
• Partners with stakeholders and customers across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization
• Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including analytics, design/user experience, engineering, and user enablement
• Incorporates regular feedback loops to continuously learn and improve the product
• Defines acceptance criteria and ensures requirements are met and accepted
• Takes part in the day to day collaboration and engagement with business and IT liaisons
• Collaborate with Maintenance training for technology solutions training
• Manage and execute the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans and periodic testing
• Responsible for creation, configuration and maintenance of user access in the M&E system
• Coordinate process review with business owners to identify possible technology solutions to improve processes
• Manage and coordinate the Risk Assessments relating to technology changes
• Coordinate with IT for Budgetary cost analysis creation and responsible for engagement with M&E department for some technology spends
• Oversight of problem management process to prevent the recurrence of problems
• Other Duties as assigned
• Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs
• In absence, the Director of Maintenance Operations Control, CASS and Continuous Improvement will handle the delegation of duty
• Proven experience in design and implementation of technology solutions
• 5 years of aviation maintenance & engineering technology experience
• Experience working in an Agile environment (SCRUM)
• Project management certification/experience
• Strong communication and analytical skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Engineering, Business, Technology or equivalent experience
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• Must be able to demonstrate right to work in the US
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this role, you should be great at:
• Prioritizing multiple tasks
• Proficient in Microsoft Word Suite
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position
Travel: Travel maybe expected of this position. Not to exceed 15%
Work Environment: This job operates inside a climate controlled building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.