Maintenance Technical Training Supervisor
• Location: Charlotte, NC, Dayton, OH, Cincinnati, OH, North Canton, OH, Greenville-Spartanburg, SC, Savannah, GA, Pensacola, FL, Norfolk, VA
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time; days and hours vary
• Reports To: Manger of Maintenance Training
• Direct Reports: 8
• Travel: Up to 20% travel required
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Maintenance Training Supervisor impacts PSA’s growth and the training program by supervising all maintenance technical training personnel and ensuring that all classroom instruction is done timely and correctly.
• Provide direct supervision of the Maintenance Training Technical Trainers at all stations (currently CLT, CVG, DAY, and ORF.
• Schedule the TTs in such a manner that adequate coverage is provided.
• Prepare written and verbal reports to Maintenance Training Manager.
• Ascertain that all necessary training records are properly executed by the responsible TT.
• Account for the performance of assigned personnel.
• Maintain liaison with Maintenance, Maintenance Planning and other departments to support training requirements.
• Ensure TTs are trained on the proper teaching methods use of all office equipment, virtual training devices, test equipment, etc.
• Ensure adequate resources are available to the Maintenance Training Staff for required tasks.
• Ensure that equipment, classrooms, and work areas are kept in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Deliver briefings to ensure team is well informed and creating opportunity for open dialogue.
• Assist and support the Maintenance Training Manager in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
• Ensure that decisions made and actions taken are in the best interest of PSA in all matters relating to aircraft Maintenance Reliability and Training.
• Ensure compliance with all policies, practices, procedures, processes and methods required by the PSA GMM and other PSA technical data, directives and instructions.
• Compile and provide various reports and data packages as required or requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Training Manager.
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Previous supervisory experience leading a team of staff
• Teaching/aviation/leadership experience
• Aircraft Maintenance experience, preferably with a 121 air carrier
• Instructing/Teaching experience in aviation or a related field
• Computer based learning management system experience desirable
• Experience with Bombardier CRJ maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, overhaul, avionics/electrical, OSHA safety, and dangerous goods shipping
• Knowledge of human factors, understaffing, and application of adult learning principles
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Interpersonal skills
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.