• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (May include some evenings and weekends as needed)
• Reports To: Manager of Human Resources
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the travel coordinator, you will impact PSA Airlines’ team member satisfaction and candidate experience. In serving as the point of contact for questions regarding flight benefits and coordinating and executing flight travel arrangements, you will ensure that PSA’s travel benefit program is being utilized properly and those needing travel are satisfied.
• Serve as a liaison with team members, retirees, and applicants and act as a point of contact for team members with questions or concerns regarding travel benefits and dependent verification.
• Respond to travel inquiries in a professional and timely manner, providing information and assistance to team members and leadership as needed.
• Schedule travel for team members and contractors as needed.
• Conduct weekly new hire classes to increase the knowledge and awareness of the PSA and American Airlines travel benefits programs.
• Manage the travel allegation process.
• Act as liaison between PSA Airlines leadership team and American Airlines travel group.
• Actively assist team members through the process of transitioning to retiree travel benefits.
• Research and provide solutions to travel-related issues and/or disruptions.
• Update and maintain the Travel Page on the team member portal.
• Assist in development of travel-related team member communications and presentations.
• Cross-train and serve as backup to other human resource functions as needed, including the Front Desk Receptionist.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
• Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least two years of experience working in customer service, travel, and/or airline industry.
• Previous experience coordinating travel
• Proven experience utilizing Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to speak, read and write in English.
• Must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Experience using Sabre
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Acting as a strong team player
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.