• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• Reports To: Director of Inflight
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: None
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Charlotte Base Operations Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and office support for multiple team members, flight / inflight operations staff, and occasionally the Human Resources department. This position carries out a variety of responsibilities including, but not limited to: communicating via phone and email ensuring that all administrative assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
• Manage crew member status (personnel action notices) and Flight Operations department reports
• Performs a variety of administrative duties
• Compiles and delivers reports, maintains databases in Excel and maintains files
• Compose, type and edit correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material as assigned
• Assist in all aspects of general flight operations office functions
• Monitoring and updating of Crew tracking and reliability
• Monitoring of required crew documentation
• Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of crewmember, staff and airline information
• Prepare US, Certified mail for delivery and pick up
• Distributes internal mail between 5 buildings on the PSA Campus and the Dayton International Airport
• Provide ancillary support to Crew scheduling, Training and Tech Pubs departments
• Fields questions internally and externally from crew members in high traffic areas
• Monitor crew room computers to ensure they are operating properly
• Maintain crew room supply levels; including all crewmember and aircraft forms
• Monitor crew room fax machine for incoming faxes and distribute as needed
• Maintain Operational Manuals, to include FOM, FAM, and Jeppesen; update as needed
• Maintain crew room bulletin boards; ensures postings are current including bid awards and seniority lists for both
• Maintain crew room appearance and crew files
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two-five years of experience in an office environment
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Programs, with emphasis on Excel
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• 1 year related aviation experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Interpersonal Skills
• Problem solving/ analysis
• performance management
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.