Pilot Recruiting Application Screener
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule / Shift
• Reports To: Assistant Director of Pilot Recruiting
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Little to no travel expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Pilot Recruiting Application Screener will impact PSA Airlines’ supportability by reviewing applications and resumes. This role has a direct effect on the candidate experience along with the efficiency of determining applicants to be invited to interview with PSA. The Application Screener will liaison with Recruiting leadership with focus on process efficiency and optimization.
• Provide an excellent applicant experience by guiding applicants through our application process
• Apply applicant criteria such as flight experience, education level, and employment history to identify if an applicant meets necessary requirements per Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) and Flight Operations Manual (FOM) for open roles
• Conduct phone interviews with applicants to assess their qualifications and interest in open roles
• Document, collect and add notes to recruiting Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) through all phases of the screening process
• Partner with interviewers to successful schedule and confirm interviews
• Send interview information such as confirmations, interview preparation, and expectations to candidates
• Partner with onboarding team with travel logistics to interviews
• Attend Recruiting meetings, share knowledge and feedback regarding applicant screens and experiences
• Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least 1 year of Recruiting experience
• Strong working knowledge of Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
• Ability to collect, interpret, and analyze applicant data
• Proven track record of maintaining high levels of confidentiality
• Some experience with immigration and foreign document analysis and processing
• Beginner to intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate right to work in the US.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Interpersonal skills
• Project management
• Problem solving/analysis
• Communication (verbal and written
Delegation: In absence, responsibilities delegated to the Assistant Director of Pilot Recruiting.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.