Onboarding and HRIS Supervisor
• Location: Dayton, OH or Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule / Shift
• Reports To: Human Resources
• Direct Reports: 1-3
• Travel: Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Supervisor of Onboarding & HRIS will impact PSA Airlines’ supportability by overseeing the onboarding functions for all new hires. This role has a direct effect on the candidate experience along with the efficiency of the onboarding process. The Supervisor will liaison with Recruiting leadership with focus on process optimization and implementation
• Supervise the onboarding process in HRIS System
• Work with Manager of HRIS and Compensation in HRIS system with processing team member profile updates
• Manage the HRIS Onboarding and work with HRIS Analyst and Coordinator for completion
• Support team (Coordinators) to ensure that all support needs are met and to create efficiencies among the staff’s projects and activities.
• Understand the needs of the onboarding team and delegate support tasks/needs to meet those needs, assisting Coordinators with prioritization of activities.
• Oversee the onboarding process to ensure it is a first-class experience and within compliance
• Spearhead regular meetings with the recruiting team, ensuring cohesion and communication.
• Hold all parties accountable to their respective responsibilities in the recruiting process
• Discover training needs and provide coaching
• Lead and drive operational efficiencies to ensure a strong end to end recruiting process
• Partner with HR Systems and Support team for ATS process optimization and troubleshooting
• Participate in Continuous Improvement projects as assigned.
• Create and maintain position-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documentation and monitor the development of SOPs for the Support Center and beyond. Create and maintain a department Recruiting Manual that includes position SOPs.
• Attend Recruiting meetings, share knowledge and skills with teammates, and contribute to learning efforts.
• Act as backup to Recruiting Coordinators, assisting with team administrative duties as needed.
• Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures as well as with all applicable external regulations.
• Owner of compliance reports, such as state-required employee data requests for AAP, EEO and Vets reporting.
• Assist leader with HRIS outside vendor integrations and relationships.
• Assist leader with system updates and change management activities.
• Manage Pilot Sign-On bonus payment process.
• Review, track, and process new hire and employee immigration / foreign documents and forms for work authorization, passport requirements, and H1-B application / status
• Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• At least 3 years of HRIS/Recruiting and/or human resources support experience
• Extensive knowledge of HR System Technology
• Strong working knowledge of applicant tracking systems
• Ability to collect, interpret, and analyze employee data; experience with HR dashboards
• Proven track record of maintaining high levels of confidentiality
• Working knowledge of employment and record keeping laws related to HR
• Some experience with immigration and foreign document analysis and processing
• Exposure to or experience with privacy policies as applied to employee data
• Intermediate to expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of post offer onboarding activities including Security & Compliance
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Interpersonal skills
• Project management
• Problem solving/analysis
• Communication (verbal and written
Delegation: In absence, responsibilities delegated to the Manager of HRIS Administration & Compensation
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.