• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full time (days and hours of work are determined by Supervisor)
• Reports To: Maintenance Control Supervisor
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Local candidates preferred
• Travel: No travel is expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Maintenance Controller, you will impact PSA Airlines’ business growth through your role supporting the maintenance department. In coordinating maintenance discrepancies and corrections on all operational aircraft, you will ensure safe and efficient flight operations.
• At the beginning of each shift, determine schedules, maintenance/inspections, unscheduled maintenance requirements, items awaiting maintenance and available work force.
• Coordination of the maintenance discrepancies and corrections of all operational aircraft, monitoring all mechanical problems on the line extending every effort to reduce and hold maintenance recovery time to the very minimum.
• Periodically review flight termination messages to analyze and determine if corrective action is sufficient, and if not, initiate proper action as soon as it is feasible to supply information and parts to stations taking action.
• Coordinating parts, manpower requirements and travel arrangements for field repairs. Monitoring field repairs and coordinating the return of work crews and parts to their home base.
• Ensuring outstation maintenance documentation is complied with on PSA aircraft as required.
• Coordinate with the Stores Department for the current status of AOG parts in progress for aircraft requiring repairs.
• Monitor aircraft availability and coordinate any equipment changes between the Maintenance Department, Maintenance Planning, and Flight Control.
• Maintain and monitor a current MEL List. Review parts required and expedite if necessary to the appropriate maintenance base for correction.
• Coordinate with Dispatch and Maintenance Planning on MEL and CDL procedures and status.
• Supply the MCM with any incident reports reported by Flight Control for completion of Service Difficulty Reports.
• Maintain and monitor a Master Ferry Flight List issuing numbers and permits as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Control Manager or his designee.
• A&P certificate
• Must have 2 years of CRJ or part 121 line maintenance experience
• In good company standing (not on any step for attendance or performance)
• Ability to navigate aircraft manuals and company manuals
• Strong ability to utilize MS Office suite, maintenance software and navigate BBD IFly website.
• Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-functional environment across various departments and possessing good communication skills
• Advocate for safety & compliance. Embrace PSA Safety Management System (SMS)
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Performance management
Work Environment: This job operates inside a climate controlled building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.