Aviation Parts Manager
• Location: Varies
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand
• Reports To: Director of Supply Chain Operations
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: some travel expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Stores Manager impacts PSA Airline’s safety, ensuring that it is the stores team’s top priority. Maintaining proper inventory levels along with the proper receiving, inspecting, shipping, and/or storage of materials used in support of PSA fleet operations. The Stores manager will have a direct impact on their team; developing individual team members to excel in their duties by mentoring and coaching in a manner that fosters trust and open communication throughout the department.
The Stores Manager leads the team to complete the following activities in a timely manner per established company guidelines:
• Receiving, Inspection, and binning of the daily deliveries of materials and shipment of repairs and stock transfers are done within established standards and times.
• Ensures that all materials requested by the maintenance technicians is provided promptly to support line, overnight, and heavy check operations.
• Ensures that the team has been trained in all aspects of Stockroom operations that are applicable to their respective job classifications. This includes, but is not limited to computerized management and issuance of materials, hazmat training, shelf life training, cycle counting, as well as storage, packaging, receiving, of materials and disposal of hazardous, scrap or BER materials per established company guidelines.
• Maintains training records and monitors recurrent training requirements, to ensure that the team is current on all training related to the department.
• Conducts performance reviews for the Stores Team using established PSA company guidelines.
• Ensures that scheduling of the stores team is adequate to support PSA fleet activity at all times.
• Ensures that parts/materials are properly stored, segregated, and labelled, and that they comply with current Shelf Life Programs and hazardous materials storage guidelines.
• Ensures that all activities relative to AOG and after hour AOG support are carried out in the most safe, expeditious, and economical way possible, and oversees the efforts to coordinate parts issuance/transfer for scheduled overnight maintenance or AOG Heavy Check maintenance situations where applicable at each base.
• Ensures that parts are transferred to other store locations in a timely and effective manner to support the PSA fleet.
• Ensures that parts and equipment that are requisitioned by supervisors, are ordered in a timely manner in after hour and AOG situations.
• Ensures that material inspection of incoming parts is in accordance with procedures as determined by the Chief Inspector and that rejected materials are tagged and stored per the established guidelines.
• Establishes and manages the inventory control program to ensure accurate identification and retrieval of parts/materials in support of the PSA fleet requirements.
• Other projects as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least 5 years of experience with aircraft parts and supervision
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• Able to read blueprint and electrical schematics
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Problem solving
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 90% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 10% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs.; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen. Must be able to obtain airport SIDA badging and have a valid driver’s license.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.