• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time
• Reports To: Director, Crew Scheduling
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Little to no travel involved
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the IOE Scheduler, you will impact PSA Airlines’ business growth by coordinating the full lifecycle of the active line-flying training program. You will work to ensure that Pilots and Flight Attendants have received complete and efficient training, which will help maintain safe conditions for employees and customers.
Planning and Scheduling
• Assign new hire crew members with Line Check Airman and Check Flight Attendants to on line flying for training.
• Schedule AQP/SLF and requalification line checks.
• Coordinate with other departments in the development of new LCA/CF
• Coordinate with multiple departments to build crew member’s monthly schedules.
• Attend all Pilot and Flight Attendant new hires classes to go over contract and provide guidance
• Work with the FAA to perform crew member’s observations; track all scheduled FAA observations to completion.
• Monitor crew member’s progress during training
• Assure all flight crews are qualified to perform duties, pursuant to regulations, equipment restrictions, and contractual restrictions.
• Track qualified Pilots’ consolidation hours.
• Monitor and manage irregular operations and daily flight operations for crew conflicts, including but not limited to duty time compliance, crew legality, and company policy.
• Assist with Invoice approval and reconciliations
• Generate and evaluate reports as necessary to ensure that crews are legal and qualified for flight assignments.
Maintain logs of significant events in order to assist in reporting, follow-up and relief debriefing.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience with complex scheduling of large populations of personnel to assigned tasks while adhering to multiple regulations and contract stipulations
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• Must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Must be able to read, speak and write in English
• College or Technical coursework
• Sabre or other flight booking software experience
• Aviation background
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Attention to Detail
• Professional aptitude
• Intellectual aptitude
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.