Inventory Planning and Sourcing Manager
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand
• Reports To: Director of Supply Chain Operations
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Some travel expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Inventory Planning and Sourcing Manager impacts PSA Airline’s maintenance organization, establishing the aircraft component and material inventory levels. This position will hold ultimate accountability for Loan and Borrow functions, Cycle Count Validation, Freight Cost Analysis, and Management of Purchasing.
• Ensure team members operate with Safety as a top priority.
• Lead the team via mentorship, coaching and successor planning with team member growth and development as the resulting outcome.
• Validate sourcing efforts to include vendor performance regarding purchase order fulfillment, cost containment, and order expectations.
• Establish strategic initiatives to manage freight costs in conjunction with AOG, Heavy Check, and daily shipping activity throughout the organization.
• Develop and establish methodology and philosophy for the placement of inventory and associated sparing levels throughout the organization.
• Lead in the formulation of annual provisioning projections based on fleet route structure and activity.
• Actively seek PMA parts and collaborates with PSA stakeholders and vendors in PMA development.
• Oversee the Loans and Borrows program to optimize inventory and to become a “net lender” where applicable.
• Develop and implement best practice solutions for inventory audits and cycle counts to include validation of the results and achievement of accuracy goals.
• Lead the AOG support team to provide 24/7 AOG support for the fleet.
• Seek cost effective solutions for expendable, consumable, and rotable procurement via the RFP process.
• Develop and maintain chemical management program and Hazmat Disposal including the management of costs associated with each.
• Responsible for the processing and disposal of scrap and BER material.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business, supply chain, aviation management, or related field
• 5 years of supervisory experience or equivalent combination
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• A&P License
• ISM/APIC’s certification
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Problem solving
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.