Employee Relations Business Partner
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
(Occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Employee Relations Manager or Sr. ERBP
• Supports: Training
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Employee Relations Business Partner (ERBP) helps to ensure legal compliance, adherence to and consistent application of PSA’s policies and practices, administration of collective bargaining agreements, and general human resources support for assigned business units.
• Advises and assists operational leaders regarding Employee Relations issues, including grievance resolution, investigations, disciplinary decisions, and termination proceedings.
• Oversees and conducts investigations and ensures compliance with PSA’s policies, practices, and collective bargaining agreements, as well as federal, state, and local employment laws.
• Assists in preparation of employee notices and corrective action and ensures consistency in administration of corrective actions.
• Supports leaders through performance management and performance discussions.
• Assists in the development of leaders through coaching.
• Assists in planning, organizing, and facilitating employee and leadership HR training.
• Provides advice and guidance to non-management personnel in resolving work-related disputes and concerns.
• Assists with establishing Company practices, policies, and procedures, and providing guidance regarding them.
• Promotes and fosters a safe and secure operating environment.
• Assists with the onboarding processes and programs for new leaders.
• Participates in process improvement events to increase department efficiency and reduce administrative effort and expense.
• Works closely and collaboratively with other PSA departments
• Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety outputs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma/GED required
• 3+ years of experience in human resources
• Experience in successfully resolving concerns with employees, managers, and government agencies
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs and human resource related systems
• Ability to speak/read/write in English.
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field (preferred) or equivalent experience
• Previous experience in supporting a union environment preferred
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Problem solving
• Communication (verbal and written; able to put HR terms into easily understandable language for all employees)
• Performance management
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.