Supervisor of Inflight Performance
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Supervisor of Inflight Performance is responsible for assisting the Assistant Director of InFlight Administration and Performance in the smooth and efficient operation of the InFlight Department with a focus on helping to build a positive performance driven culture. The position manages the New Hire and InFlight Recognition and Engagement Programs. This is a high-energy, fast-paced position, responsible for providing essential support to the Inflight team.
• Responsible for managing the New Hire program and helping Flight Attendants within their first six months of employment successfully acclimate to the responsibilities and expectations of the Flight Attendant position.
• Schedule Check Rides and three- month reviews for probationary Flight Attendants with their InFlight Supervisor.
• Track and monitor FA performance and attendance and provide feedback to InFlight Supervisors and Managers.
• Manage InFlight Recognition and Engagement Programs to ensure FAs are acknowledged and appreciated for their contributions.
• Draft communications to Flight Attendants for recognition and service recovery.
• Work with Corporate Communications to draft monthly InFlight newsletter.
• Coordinate daily InFlight Supervisor’s and FD’s Concourse schedule and duties.
• Partner with other departments involving InFlight interaction, including Customer Service, Recruitment, Crew Scheduling, Flight Operations, Airport Operations and Security/Safety.
• Give work directions, resolves problems, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
• Acts as a liaison between Inflight Operations and the Inflight Standards and Training groups to ensure that best practices are implemented, and to provide feedback regarding real world implementation and performance of new or changed procedures.
• At least 3 years of experience in a supervisory position
• Previous Flight Attendant experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in corporate communications and/or corporate bulletins.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
• Previous experience in a supervisory experience in a union environment
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time and performance management
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will not have direct reports
Delegation: In absence, the Director of Inflight Services will handle and assign tasks
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.