Inflight Training Specialist (Instructor)
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Mon through Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm, may vary with training schedules)
• Reports To Manager of Inflight Training
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: None
• Travel: Travel is expected with this position. Candidate must be willing to travel and instruct at all PSA Airlines domiciles.
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Inflight Training Specialist, you will impact PSA Airlines’ operations through you responsibility to the accuracy of all FAA approved Flight Attendant Training Programs. In effectively delivering these programs to PSA Flight Attendants through instruction, you will ensure this crew is prepared to provide safe and excellent service to customers.
• Develop, deliver, and maintain currency and accuracy of all FAA-approved Flight Attendant Training Programs.
• Provide subject matter expertise in all areas of Inflight Services Policies and Procedures; serve as a resource for Flight Attendants.
• Serve as a role model and mentor to Flight Attendants in performance, behavior, appearance and demeanor.
• Evaluate and coach Flight Attendant trainees to ensure performance standards are met.
• Maintain Flight Attendant qualification on all A/C types in PSA fleet.
• Maintain training facilities and equipment in good order.
• Complete administrative duties in a timely and accurate manner.
• Support the Manager of Inflight Training in achievement of Departmental and Corporate goals.
• Be an effective liaison between Inflight Training and other departments.
• Positively represent yourself as an ambassador for PSA Airlines.
• Complete all other projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Manager of Inflight Training.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Six months Flight Attendant experience or related industry experience
• Thorough knowledge of PSA Inflight Policies and Procedures
• Experience teaching adults in a classroom setting
• Experience in Courseware Development, knowledge of video production, experienced performance evaluator and coach, and reside in domicile where training is being conducted, non-commuter
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Performance management
• Problem solving
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.