Chief Training Instructor
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Hours/Shift: Full Time
• Reports To:Manager of Inflight Training Delivery
• Travel: Moderate overnight travel is expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All elligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Chief Instructor directly reports to the Manager of Inflight Training Delivery and is responsible for ensuring compliance, completion, and record keeping for all InFlight training.
• Responsible for supporting Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulatory requirements by conducting ongoing analysis and reporting of Flight Attendant training data to stakeholders.
• Analyzes FA performance/proficiency data to support development of training objectives.
• Audits instructor facilitation for compliance with FAA, DOD, TSA, IATA and other regulatory agency requirements.
• Audits training records and ensures accuracy and timely transmission to Training Records
• Assists in scheduling qualified Instructors for all training modules.
• Ensures resource availability (classrooms, equipment and instructors) for each training activity.
• Coordinate instructors’ absence requests with manager after evaluating feasibility.
• Audits training curriculum to ensure it is consistent with FAA procedures and to what is published in the FA manual and the FATM.
• (2) years of aviation experience and flight attendant training operations
• Working knowledge of FAA, OSHA, and other governmental regulations
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize, organize, and multi-task in a dynamic work environment.
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
• Exceptional integrity with impeccable ethics in safety and compliance.
• Track record of working in a production, safe, and collaborative manner
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this role, you should be great at:
• Communicating Effectively
• Work Organization
• Making Sound Decisions
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Customer Service
• Relationship Management
Supervisory Responsibility: This position is a supervisory position
Delegation: In absence, the Manager of Inflight Training Delivery will handle and re-assign tasks.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.