Director of Inflight Operations
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Hours/Shift: Full Time
• Reports To:VP of Inflight and Performance Ops
• Direct Reports: Inflight Personnel
• Travel: Moderate overnight travel is expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Director of Inflight Operations is responsible for supervising, directing, and coordinating job performance and activities of the Inflight Base Operations team to ensure the workforce feels engaged, motivated, productive, and supported, while maintaining strict compliance with FAA regulations and Company policies and procedures. The director is also responsible for creating and maintaining trusting relationships with FAA and AFA leaders.
• Responsible for Flight Attendant compliance with all regulatory procedures (safety and security), onboard services procedures, and monitoring daily operations.
• Partner with other departments including Flight, Tech Ops, Crew Planning, and Crew Scheduling to maintain safety and increase reliability.
• Coach and provide leadership direction, motivation and supervision of InFlight Operations team.
• Coordinate with Human Resources, Employee Relations, and Crew Scheduling to interpret and apply corporate policies and procedures and the AFA collective bargaining agreement.
• Foster diversity, inclusion, belonging and engagement to support the Company’s core values and culture.
• Engage Flight Attendants in many forums including town halls, focus groups and one-on-one touch point meetings to obtain feedback and improve customer and employee experience.
• Create honest and trusting relationships with Flight Attendants and AFA leaders.
• Deliver a superior Inflight experience that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Meet all operational goals associated with the Inflight Services department.
• Demonstrate ability to influence change and initiate action that have a strategic impact and drives a high-performance culture.
• Execute daily, weekly, and monthly operational plans
• Handle management of front-line department personnel including working with Team Services in the areas of recruitment, retention, termination, training, performance management, and corrective counseling.
• Represent Inflight in cross-departmental meetings and take ownership of operational functions/projects.
• Participate, when necessary, in fact-finding, investigation, and grievance meetings/process.
• Develop both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment.
• Listen actively and value diverse perspectives to foster an inclusive environment.
• (5) years of leadership experience and success in leading diverse teams.
• Expertise in Inflight policies and procedures, attendance control, Federal Aviation Regulations, Collective Bargaining Agreement, and Labor Relations.
• High performance orientation, ability to work well under pressure, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to direct and motivate others.
• Exceptional integrity with impeccable ethics in safety and compliance
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven success driving measurable results to enhance both customer and employee satisfaction.
• Track record of working in a productive, safe, and collaborative manner.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• Bachelor's Degree
• Previous experience leading an adult learning program
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this role, you should be great at:
• Communicating Effectively
• Work Organization
• Making Sound Decisions
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Customer Service
• Relationship Management
Supervisory Responsibility: This position is a supervisory position
Delegation: In absence, the VP of Inflight and Performance Ops will handle and re-assign tasks.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.