• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (with expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours)
• Reports To: Director of Supply Chain Operations
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Some travel will be expected with this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligiible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The AOG Expeditor is responsible for prompt acquisition of materials required to resolve Aircraft on Ground situations. This is accomplished via expediting open Repair Orders or Purchase orders or initiating purchases as required and ensuring their prompt delivery to the out of service aircraft. The position supports the Operational Control Center personnel.
• Responsible for acquisition of parts through various means - Transfers stock from an existing inventory location, loaning/borrowing parts from other airlines, sourcing parts on the open market from vendors.
• Coordinates expediting of open repair orders (exchange) with the Aircraft Component Repairs Manager.
• Works with the Procurement Team to expedite open orders needed for grounded aircraft, and processing new purchases to facilitate getting the parts to the aircraft.
• Track the part requisition through the entire process from order/pick list to delivery at the aircraft site.
• Ensures all current and next day maintenance requests and shipment information is constantly maintained within the operating system to ensure visibility to all departments.
• Responsible for working with MOC-Stores and the contract maintenance personnel for timely return of all serviceable or unused parts and tooling from road trips.
• Coordinate with several departments while creating/updating/maintaining multiple reports, to include the MEL, K2 overnight maintenance tasks, the Daily Parts assigned to each Maintenance base, and monitor the NEF and MHI Open back order reports for updates.
• Partner with Planning for upcoming tasks (parts availability) and attend all required Maintenance and Planning meeting calls.
• Coordination of the shipment and receipt of materials via the timeliest and most cost-effective manner.
• Expediting open repair and/or purchase orders.
• Sourcing and purchasing of parts from other Airlines, the open market, or from vendors
• Monitoring Charter services, as well as setting up/monitoring courier services
• Work with the contract maintenance personnel for timely return of any serviceable or unused parts and tooling
• Coordinate with several departments while creating/updating/maintaining multiple reports
• Sets up and monitors Charter and Courier services
Responsible for timely communication of updates to stakeholders
• Monitoring of freight costs and vendor performance relative to AOG needs and assist in formulating the AOG vendor freight and charter lists and vendor score cards.
• Works with the Operations Control Center team for aircraft readiness
• Other projects as assigned.
• Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least two years of inventory, supply chain, warehouse, or facility maintenance experience
• Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures
• Experience using an inventory management system
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to speak/read/write in English.
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Professional aptitude
• Problem Solving
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position
Delegation: In absence, duties performed by the Manager of Material Logistics
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 95% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 5% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs.; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.