Maintenance Student Pathway (MSP) Program
Location: Varies (OH, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL)
Employment Status: Full-time
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers. Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
As a selected member of the Maintenance Student Pathways Program, our goal is assist you, the aviation maintenance student, in your efforts to obtain your FAA Certified Airframe and Powerplant License by fully-funding the cost of your first time taking all FAA-required testing for the A&P certifications. This is an extremely competitive program for which we are seeking students that are willing to take the extra step to secure their future and their career in aviation.
This program is available to select universities, colleges and aviation maintenance programs.
• Submit application with resume
• Conduct initial screening with Recruiter
• Turn in a recommendation letter from career services and an instructor/teacher
• Interview with Recruiter/Program Administrator
The Maintenance Student Pathway program for current Airframe and Powerplant Certification students may receive:
• Priority access to Maintenance Student Pathway Events & other PSA Sponsored Events
• Additional training and academic support from Aviation Maintenance Professionals currently in the field
• $5,000 in Financial Assistance
• Eligible for all current PSA Mechanic bonuses
• When applicable, some participants may also receive Relocation Assistance and Experience Bonuses
Responsibilities While in the Program
• Maintain active student status and stay in good academic standing at partnered school
• Attend quarterly meetings or events with PSA Airlines or your recruiter
• Schedule and successfully pass your Airframe and Powerplant testing within 30 days of graduation
• Upon obtainment of your Airframe and Powerplant certification there is a two year commitment to PSA Airlines
Responsibilities Once Hired
• Will perform tasks necessary to comply with Federal Aviation Regulations and accept the responsibility for work performed by him/herself and/or in conjunction with others and sign for same on the Company's approved forms
• Work will consist of and include any and all phases of repair and maintenance of aircraft with the aid of the employee's own tools, specialty tools provided by the Company, the use of test equipment, and Company-supplied technical manuals
• In certain cases, he/she may be authorized to perform required inspection items and assist in Company training programs
• Be currently enrolled in a partnered FAA-Certified Aviation Maintenance Program
• High school diploma, or equivalent
• Valid, state-issued Driver’s License
• Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid passport
• Capable of using respirators and other personal protective equipment including eye and hearing protection
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
Work Environment: This job operates inside a climate controlled building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.