Planning Program Manager-Engines
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time/40 hours per week
• Reports To: Director of Planning & Scheduling
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Some travel expected
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
As the Planning Program Manager-Engines, you will impact PSA Airlines’ operations and performance by overseeing daily operations, planning and oversight of PSA’s engine overhaul schedule and initiatives.
• Develop, coordinate and integrate internal and external support resources and assets in order to cost effectively maintain optimum availability of engines
• Oversee engine health monitoring reports, and ensure that negative trends which may impact the operation are identified and addressed
• Work with PSA Reliability and CASS, and powerplant manufacturers as required to resolve engine reliability issues
• Organize, coordinate and direct the maintenance and maintenance scheduling of engines
• Organize, coordinate and direct the management and allocation of spare engines
• Establish, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and standards related to the operation and up-keep of engines
• Investigate engine failure and unscheduled removal causes to determine if program revisions are required
• Develop and implement initiatives to improve performance, reliability, and efficiency.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable company policies, procedures and mandates, and with all relevant Federal Aviation Regulations
• Aid in the development of training programs for maintenance personnel and ensure that maintenance personnel are properly trained
• Oversee the development of all budgets, forecasts, and projections related to engines
• Analyze and arrive at the root causes of operational issues, recommending problem-solving solutions.
• Ability to establish and maintain system of accountability, capability, commitment, execution, and results in sustainable ways
• Coordinate engine build specifications with Engineering
• Interface with QC and Engineering to ensure engine ADs are complied with and service bulletins are assessed and accomplished as necessary. Ensure that AD, SB, and LLP compliance campaigns are supported by sufficient spare engines and parts
• Work closely with the Planning and Maintenance departments to coordinate powerplant removal/installation scheduling
• Review vendor invoices
• Other duties and projects as assigned
• Support the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• 5 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance, aviation engineering or, planning or program management or jet engines
• A&P license
• Proven experience in aircraft maintenance with a working knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• Previous supervisory experience
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• If hired, must be able to obtain a valid passport
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• College degree in relatable field
• Knowledge of CRJ Maintenance
• Working knowledge of aircraft inspections and maintenance programs
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position.
Delegation: In absence, Director of Aircraft Mtx Planning & Scheduling will reassign tasks.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.