Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Recruiter
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule: Full Time, days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
• Reports To: Director of Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
This role will help to create and execute strategies that enhance PSA’s position as an inclusive workplace. This role will develop and maintain program activities including recruitment activities that enables PSA to build an inclusive pipeline for our operations. This position will make an impact at PSA by serving as the DEI relationship liaison for all on-campus and virtual recruitment events, as well as partnerships with external organizations that can have a positive impact on our pipeline of candidates.
• Work closely with the DEI Director to develop and recommend DEI ideas and programming that align with PSA’s business strategy
• Partners with assigned hiring managers/functions to effectively build a recruiting plan to attract top talent based on their forecasted headcount, turnover and changing talent needs
• Work with the HR Communications team to ensure that DEI messaging is timely, relevant and advances the DEI agenda.
• Utilize recruiting expertise to influence key internal stakeholders on high complex decisions regarding the direction of diversity recruitment activities and programs
• Communicate with stakeholders to implement strategies that support the hiring of diverse candidates
• Partner with recruiting team in executing diversity, equity and inclusion recruiting strategy
• Establish new and maintain current relationships with strategic partners and diversity organizations that will develop a more diverse talent pool
• Develop and increase brand awareness with diverse organizations and external influencers.
• Plan and attend diversity recruiting and outreach events
• Research and share analytics to internal recruitment team on diversity trends
• Build and maintain a quality diverse pipeline through fostering long-term relationships with potential candidates
• Proactively source and identify active and passive candidates leveraging a wide variety of tools and techniques (social media, search engines and job boards).
• Gather feedback from hiring managers and interview teams to make hiring decisions
• Maintains compliance with company policies and procedures as well as with all applicable external regulations
• Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs
• Other projects as assigned
• In absence, the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will handle the delegation of duties.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 3-5 years’ full life cycle recruiting experience
• 1-2 years’ experience with talent acquisition diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
• Proven experience in with DEI programs
• Extensive knowledge of social networking platforms, online communities, conferences and other sourcing channels
• Knowledge of applicant tracking systems, CRM tools and virtual recruiting tools
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Must be able to read, write and speak in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• Bachelor's degree
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
• Project Management
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time Management
• Relationship building from entry through senior management levels
• Performance Management
• Problem Solving
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.