Human Resources Coordinator
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time, Temporary (40 hours per week, Mon through Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm)
• Reports To: Manager of Human Resources
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Local candidates preferred
• Travel: Little to no travel is expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 5,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Benefits: Enjoy seeing the world? Interns enjoy the same American Airlines travel privileges as regular full-time employees!
The HR Coordinator is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. This position supports PSA team members and carries out a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to the following functional areas: medical, military and personal leaves of absence, unemployment, Family Medical Leave (FMLA) and ADA administration.
• Provides communication to team members that is in keeping with the general direction and guidance received from the LOA Administrator, HR leadership and the legal department.
• Ensures team members are provided with timely and consistent answers to questions about the leave and workers’ compensation programs in accordance with applicable federal and state laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.) and company practice.
• Daily monitoring of the Leave of Absence emails.
• Provides administrative support to the Leave Administrator on all leave and workers’ compensation programs.
• Independently approves and/or denies leave cases based on relevant medical information.
• Coordinates the imaging and storage of all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and privacy guidelines are closely followed and enforced.
• Manages all administrative aspects of leave and workers’ compensation claims through the HR Information System (HRIS) and vendor systems to include tracking hours used/taken and working closely with the Benefits, HRIS/Compensation and Payroll workgroups to ensure that time off and pay for team members is correct or that the necessary adjustments are made to make it accurate.
• Works closely with team members to ensure that all medical documentation is valid and submitted for timely review.
• Maintains appropriate contact with team members on leave and coordinates the LOA return to work process for associates on leave.
• Develops reporting metrics and analytics for activity related to leaves of absence and workers’ compensation claims. Builds and presents reports as needed.
• Ensures that STD claims are coordinated with FMLA or general medical cases.
• Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions or directing them to the appropriate department/organization.
• Collaborate with human resource department team members on a daily basis.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Coursework and/or experience in Human Resources, Safety or Public Health
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• Associate degree (current enrollment or recent graduate)
• Employment law familiarity, including document retention and privacy laws
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word programs and HR-related systems
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Attention to Detail
• Organization / Planning