Human Resources Business Partner
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
(Occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Director of Employee and Labor Relations
• Supports: Training
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Human Resource Business Partner is responsible for supporting the leadership and team members of the Air Operations team by defining, promoting and reinforcing workplace policies and philosophies. This includes, but is not limited to; employee relations, performance management, policies and procedures, and corrective action.
• Oversees and conducts investigations and ensures compliance with policies and practices, as well as Federal, State and local employment laws.
• Assists with establishing/coordinating Company practices, policies and procedures.
• Assists Managers with Company policies and procedures and Employee Relations issues, investigations, discipline and termination proceedings.
• Assists operational leaders with grievance tracking and resolution by providing information and solutions based on individual circumstances.
• Ensures consistency in handling corrective action.
• Assists in preparation of employee notices and corrective action.
• Provides guidance and interpretation of policies and procedures.
• Provides advice and guidance to leadership and non-management personnel in resolving work related problems.
• Assists in the development of leaders through informal coaching and relationship building.
• Supports leaders through performance management and performance discussions.
• Promotes and fosters a safe and secure operating environment.
• Responds to employee questions and concerns.
• Assists in planning, organizing and/or facilitating HR training.
• Assists with the on boarding processes and programs for new leaders.
• Participates in process improvement events to increase department efficiency and reduce administrative effort and expense.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources
• Experience in successfully resolving concerns with employee, managers or government agencies
• Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite and Human Resources related systems
• Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines, to include, but not limited to; employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/Business
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Problem solving
• Communication (verbal and written; able to put HR terms into easily understandable language for all employees)
• Performance management
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.