Inflight Standards Specialist
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday
• Reports To: Manager of Inflight Standards
• Travel: Occasional out-of-area and overnight may be required
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
Inflight Standards Specialist impact PSA Airlines’ operations by creating updates and revisions to the Inflight Manuals including the Flight Attendant Manual, Onboard Services manual, Inflight Quick Reference Manual, Public Address Manual and Uniform Guidelines. The goal is to ensure each Inflight crewmember has the written policy/procedures to support PSA’s mission to provide value to our customers and ensure their operational readiness and safety effectiveness.
• Create updates and revisions to maintain quality assurance and accuracy of the Flight Attendant operational manual set including the Flight Attendant Manual (FAM).
• Work collaboratively with a diverse team (department managers and supervisors, subject matter experts, instructional staff, program developers) to research, develop and implement effective manual language and procedures for Inflight Operations.
• Provide timely status updates and reports on assigned projects and organizational performance to manager.
• Develop and review proposed project efforts to determine scope, key milestones, and timeframe.
• Develop and formalize a quality assurance review process of all existing and new manual processes.
• Collaborate with the Manager of Inflight Standards, Manager of Inflight Instructional Design and SMEs to plan, direct, and verify that manual language and processes comply with instructional courseware and applicable regulatory requirements.
• Support practices, processes, and technologies to streamline, improve, and ensure the cost-effectiveness of Inflight projects and programs.
• Support the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• Research and report information that is vital to the continual development and improvement of operational procedures.
• Provide technical support associated with creating and maintaining courses in the Learning Management System.
Required Education and Experience:
• Previous Flight Attendant experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements (e.g. CFRs, TSRs, 8900.1, etc.)
Good communication skills (written and oral)
• Computer literacy and strong Microsoft office skills
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
• Previous Technical Writing experience
• Previous Project management experience
• Previous experience in an adult learning environment
• Previous experience as an Inflight Supervisor, Check-Flight Attendant, and/or member of Inflight Management
• Software Skills (i.e., Publisher, Adobe Pro, PowerPoint, Articulate, Captivate)
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Performance management
• Problem solving
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position
Delegation: In absence of the Manager of Inflight Standards, this position will manage all responsibilities
Travel: Minimal traveling may be required for this position
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.