• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM (extended evening hours and weekends to be expected as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Director of Recruiting
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Recruiting Supervisor impacts PSA Airlines’ growth by providing assistance and management of the selection, interview and hiring process for all assigned positions in a rapidly expanding company.
• Manage and provide direction to HR Recruiters
• Manage Interview/Selection Process
• Manage HR requisitions/Job Posting System (Newton)
• Assure weekly open position list is completed
• Recruitment of external candidates
• On-line recruitment sources, social media, colleges, job fairs, location source recruitment, other sources
• Interview internal and external candidates
• Assist in selection of candidates-make job offers/coordinate transfers
• Assure background information is provided, license and employment references are complete
• Manage New Hire Orientation Program
• Assure resources are available to handle each orientation
• Employee Relations
• Manage exit interview program
• Counsel employees when needed
• EEO Compliance
• Assure interviewing and selection process complies with EEO laws
• Maintain EEO reports for compliance
• Other projects or responsibilities that are assigned.
• In absence, Director of Human Resources will handle and assign responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2+ years of practical interviewing experience
• Knowledge of employment laws as they relate to hiring
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or like field of study
• General Human Resource experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.