• Location: All Locations
• Work Schedule: Full Time (expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Manager of Pilot Recruiting
• Travel: up to 20% of the time
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Recruiter, you will impact PSA Airlines’ growth by building and executing all phases of the recruiting process. Through your recruiting efforts to attract and engage candidates you will be directly impacting the candidate experience, along with ensuring that PSA selects the best talent.
• Partners with assigned hiring managers/functions to effectively build a recruiting plan to attract top talent based on their forecasted headcount, turnover and changing talent needs.
• Proactively source and identify active and passive candidates leveraging a wide variety to tools and techniques (social media, search engines and job boards).
• Identify and attend networking activities such as career fairs, professional associations, technical schools and outplacement services, etc.
• Build and maintain a quality pipeline through fostering long term relationships with potential candidates
• Ability to keep abreast of labor trends on where the best supply of talent is in the market place.
• Analyze recruiting trends, best sources and recruiting metrics to guide the business on when and where to target talent.
• Lead the screening, interview and offer stages of the hiring process
• Conduct thorough phone/video interviews to recommend qualified candidates to hiring manager.
• Assess candidates technical, functional knowledge and leadership skills through a combination of behavioral and competency based interviews.
• Gather feedback from hiring managers and interview teams to make hiring decisions.
• Work with HR and Managers to develop and extend compelling offers of employment.
• Initiate and ensure smooth transition to new hire processing up until first day on the job.
• Accountable to timely and accurate communication to all key stakeholders in the hiring process.
• Provide feedback to candidates and next steps to ensure a positive experience regardless of hiring decision.
• Provide hiring managers with weekly activity report highlighting search progress and disposition of all candidates.
• Recruiting Coordinators: information needed to provide administrative support in scheduling, etc.
• Human Resources: facilitate smooth transition preparing for candidates first day of work.
• Executives: Produce dashboard metrics reporting and present to executive leaders on the recruiting performance of corporate and technical roles.
• Directly accountable for adhering to standard processes for Newton data management
• Maintains compliance with company policies and procedures as well as with all applicable external regulations.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Minimum 1-2 years of full life cycle corporate recruiting experience required, 3+ years preferred
• BS/BA degree
• Extensive knowledge of social networking platforms, online communities, conferences, and other sourcing channels
• Knowledge of applicant tracking systems, CRM tools and virtual recruiting tools, strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Building candidate relationships
• Technical hiring
• Performance management
• Problem solving
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.