• Location: Dayton, OH or Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full Time
• Reports To: Supervisor of Security
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Security Assistant impacts PSA Airlines’ safety and security. This role is responsible for all activities associated with fingerprinting team members under TSA and FAA regulations. The Security Assistant coordinates under the director of the Manager of Security and compliance security related programs and the operational system.
• Responsible for scanning fingerprints and transmitting to Clearinghouse
• Collect Fingerprint Applications and check for accuracy
• Assist with the overall coordination of all security related programs and the operational reporting system of PSA Airlines, Inc.
• Assist with Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) background checks, Criminal History Records Check (CHRC), and ensuring coordination with applicable regulatory bodies.
• Review all RAPBACK activity and coordinate with employees, their respective manager, and VPOS to determine appropriate action to be taken.
• Assist with company databases with regards to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Master Crew List (MCL) to ensure accuracy and compliance with international security agencies.
• Maintain PSA Security Operations Manual.
• Organize, review and ensure proper dissemination of all Security Directives, Information Circulars, TSA Guidance Material and all other security documents to appropriate departments within PSA Airlines.
• Ensure daily review of the TSA security web board postings.
• Assist in auditing the company databases for airline identification media, United States
• Responsible for the maintenance and administration of employee identification media for new-hires, renewal, replacement, and leave of absence.
• Administrate and coordinate with American Airlines Legal, all legal case files, US Customs Violations and TSA letters of inquiry that could result in security violations or subject the company to potential civil penalty
• Assist with the PSA Emergency Response Program.
• Aid in development of department reports: monthly
• Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Two years of administrative/office support and document retention experience
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• Must be able to demonstrate right to work in the US
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
• Aviation Experience
• Knowledge of FAA and TSA regulations and policies
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time and performance management
• Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Prepare presentations
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a non-supervisory position.
Delegation: In absence, duties will be performed by the Manager of Security and Compliance
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.