Supervisor of Security
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time
• Reports To: Manager of Security and Compliance
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Some travel will be expected with this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Supervisor of Security you will impact PSA Airlines’ growth by ensuring compliance with Pilot Records Information Act (PRIA) regulations and PSA’s Security program as required by law and the TSA. You will help PSA to maintain safe conditions for our customers and employees.
• Collaborate with all departments within PSA to ensure compliance issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Daily supervision of fingerprint process and security team members
• Liaise with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Principal Security Inspector (PSI) on airport and airline security issues.
• Proactively engage local TSA Federal Security Directors (FSDs), Assistant Federal Security Directors (AFSDs), and Transportation Security Inspectors (TSIs) to resolve security issues.
• Lead investigations into allegations of security violations.
• Respond to TSA Letters of Investigation (LOIs).
• Ensure compliance with all PRIA regulations.
• Monitor all security issues to stay abreast of identifying trends in order to take appropriate steps to improve effectiveness.
• Signatory for DAY airport SIDA. Duties include coordinating and obtaining SIDA access for all PSA employees for which it is required at DAY airport.
• Provide Base Coordinators with the necessary information for employees to obtain SIDA access at all crew and maintenance bases.
• Issue temporary access badges for all new-hire employees and maintain database to track issuance and returns.
• Assist in developing and implementing enhanced security related policies and procedures.
• Organize, review and ensure proper email dissemination of all Security Directives, Information Circulars, TSA Guidance Material and all other security documents to appropriate departments within PSA Airlines.
• Assists all departments in maintaining compliance with all standards established by regulatory bodies and PSA.
• Assists in developing and implementing enhanced safety / security compliance related policies and procedures.
• Provides guidance to mitigate vulnerability risk.
• Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations as appropriate and / or required.
• Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company
• In absence, duties will be shared by the Manager of Security and Compliance
• Technical degree in a safety, security, or aviation and/or equivalent experience
• At least 2 years' experience in airline operations
• Working knowledge along with interpretation of aviation security compliance and FARs
• Previous leadership experience
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to speak, read, write in English
• Must be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the US
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Drive
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position
Delegation: In absence, Manager of Security and Compliance will reassign tasks
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.