• Location: Dayton, OH or Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule: Full Time
• Reports To: Supervisor of Security
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Some travel will be expected with this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The PRIA Specialist will impact PSA Airlines’ growth by ensuring compliance with Pilot Records Information Act (PRIA) regulations as required by law and the Department of Transportation (DOT). This role is responsible to collaborate with Recruiting, Training and outside organization to ensure Pilot hires are in compliance with DOT and FAA regulations
• Explicit knowledge of DOT regulatory guidelines 49 CFR Part 40 and 14 CFR Part 120.
• Process all PRIA paperwork in a timely and organized fashion.
• Organize and participate in both the annual PRIA and DOT audits.
• Assist in maintaining accurate PRIA and DOT records, following appropriate guidelines and laws.
• Development of an effective process that ensures the appropriate, consistent and timely filing of PRIA requests and responses. Liaison with other carriers in terms of PRIA responses and requests.
• Actively participate in the annual DOT and PRIA audits, coordinates and prepares materials for audit inspection.
• Electronically files documents and updates spreadsheets per company policy and federal regulations. Enters data into applicant profiles. Maintains accuracy and integrity of all information in databases to support compliance regulations.
• Petitions other employers for associate training and employment records in accordance with FAA regulated turnaround times
• Liaison with vendors in terms of Compliance responses and requests.
• Supplies training records to requesting airlines within regulated timeframes.
• Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Two years of administrative/office support and document retention experience
• Knowledge of PRIA
• Previous experience in Aviation
• Knowledge of FAA and TSA regulations and policies
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
• Must be able to demonstrate right to work in the US
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Drive
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position
Delegation: In absence, Manager of Security and Compliance will reassign tasks
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.