Quality Assurance Analyst (FOQA/LOSA)
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Mon through Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm, occasional extended periods of time as necessary)
• Reports To: Flight Safety Program Manager – FOQA/LOSA
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) and Line Operation Safety Audit (LOSA) Analyst, you will impact PSA Airlines’ operations through interacting with company managers, union representatives, and the FAA you will impact PSA Airlines’ operations. In assisting in the FOQA and LOSA programs you will be ensuring that PSA is providing quality service through safe and reliable flights.
• Assist in facilitating the FOQA Monitoring Team (FMT) meetings.
• Review FOQA data with the FMT and provide analysis support as required.
• Maintain parameter definition event sets and coordinate changes with the FMT in addition to maintain a log of any changes that are made.
• Maintain a FOQA history log of corrective actions.
• Monitor the status of corrective actions/recommendations.
• Disseminate FOQA information to the PSA stakeholders.
• Coordinate maintenance issues with PSA Maintenance and Engineering.
• Track/Trend the top safety issues out of the FOQA program.
• Develop and maintain the FOQA documentation (I&O Plan and FOQA MOU).
• Manage password selection and maintenance of the Aerobytes program.
• Create Safety Promotional (Quarterly FOQA Scorecard, FOQA Bulletins etc.)
• Conduct various safety promotional presentations to increase the knowledge and awareness of the PSA FOQA program and support departmental safety promotional efforts as needed.
• Help maintain the PSA Flight Safety Index.
• Assist in facilitating the LOSA Steering Committee meetings.
• Review LOSA data with the LOSA Steering Committee.
• Track/trend the top safety issues out of the LOSA program.
• Disseminate LOSA information to the PSA stakeholders.
• Assist in training and supervising LOSA observers.
• Assist in revising LOSA program documents (meeting minutes, Observer’s Guide, etc.)
• In absence duties will be completed by the Flight Safety Program Manager.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Commercial Pilot’s license
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs
• Ability to perform statistical analysis
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Concentration in Aviation or Aviation Safety
• One year of FOQA or aviation safety related experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive situations
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.