Aviation Parts Specialist
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (expectation of evening and weekend hours)
• Reports To: Stores Supervisor
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: No travel is expected with this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As a Aviation Parts Specialist, you will impact PSA Airlines’ operations by working with maintenance staff to fulfill their parts requests and needs. You will compile records concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, and equipment. In supporting the maintenance department you will ensure quality service.
• Ships, receives, and stores HAZMAT materials and must become HAZMAT certified during the initial training period. Prior experience with management of HAZMAT materials is a definite plus.
• Proper recording, issuing and receiving of parts/assemblies coming in or going out.
• Maintain Merlin Inventory computer system to current status and report system inconsistencies to Stores Supervisor.
• Maintain proper inventory levels of supplies and solvents as required.
• Perform stock transfers of parts and physically move stock from one location to another.
• Properly receive and issue parts via the Merlin computer system.
• Operate a fork lift which will require certification.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Stores Supervisor and/or Stores Manager or his/her designee.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Previous aircraft inventory experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Performance management
• Problem solving
• Positive communication
• Time management
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 90% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 10% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs.; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.