• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (must be able to work varied shifts; nights, weekends, holidays)
• Reports To: Manager of Crew Scheduling
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Local candidates preferred
• Travel: Little to no travel expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
Crew Schedulers are an integral part of the Operation Control Center (OCC) and serve as a critical component to the airlines operation. The Crew Scheduler is responsible for ensuring each scheduled flight is legally covered with the appropriate crew compliment. Schedulers use tools and resources to schedule pilots and flight attendants, and aptly amending schedules by adhering to FARs, company policies and procedures, and the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
• Create and modify Flight Attendant schedules to resolve all conflicts created by weather, maintenance, and crew issues by exercising decision-making skills that comply with all applicable FAA regulations, CBA, and company policies while using resources efficiently.
• Interact with Flight Attendants and process daily absences, operation reassignments, crew swaps, and crew movement
• Maintain high level of attention to detail and precise communication to Flight Attendants about schedule changes.
• Build all open Flight Attendant segments into trips, and cover for current day.
• Make last-minute changes to crew hotel reservations/cancellations and transportation arrangements, as necessary, during daily operations.
• Book Flight Attendant on deadhead flights when needed
• Monitor Flight Attendant check-in status to assure coverage
• Communicate with Crew Scheduling Coordinators, Dispatch Coordinators and Maintenance Supervisors regarding daily operational concerns to resolve any operational issues.
• Utilize multiple software systems to track and solve complex scheduling problems and complete required checklists.
• Monitor and maintain FAR legality and contractual compliance of Flight Attendant schedules for a 24 hour/ 7-day operation and make appropriate modifications to meet such regulations.
• Assist with irregular operations by processing Crew Recovery Reports
• Assist with on-the-job training for New Hire Schedulers
• Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and maintain company expectations.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Customer Service experience
• Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 and pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.