• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
• Reports To: Manager of Development
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Assistance available
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Curriculum Developer impacts PSA Airlines’ training and development of hired maintenance personnel. Working in the design and development of curriculum content, training materials, training modules, teaching aids and coordinate all aspects of curriculum development. This position will ensure the PSA maintenance department employees are well trained and prepared; impacting the safety and on time arrival of our aircraft.
• Develop, revise, plan, and coordinate curriculum and activities for the Maintenance Training Department. In addition, manage day-to-day design/development, implementation, execution and maintenance of the on-line delivery of those programs.
• Coordinate multiple program development projects simultaneously by prioritizing project timelines.
• Communicate and work with collaboratively the Maintenance Training Manager, and across functional areas to coordinate and ensure successful implementation of curriculum development and revision projects.
• Integrate Continued Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS) and Reliability data into initial and recurrent training
• Create and maintain setup documentation for compliance purposes for all programs. This includes program binders, syllabi, textbooks, etc.
• Develop and review proposed project efforts to determine scope, key milestones, and timeframe.
• Develop and formalize a quality assurance review process of all existing and new training programs.
• Conduct quality assurance reviews of all maintenance training curriculums/programs in order to evaluate and update existing courses for content to match GMM, Safety, and other manuals, policies and procedures.
• Establish a process to review and include feedback from end of course surveys, and student evaluations into the quality assurance and course maintenance processes.
• Ensure that any problems are addressed, escalated when needed, and resolved quickly.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2-5 years of verifiable work experience in the aircraft maintenance and/ or aviation field
• Comprehensive knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to both online and instructor-led learning programs
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Curriculum Development, Education, Organizational Development or Business
• Skilled use of Adobe Captive, Premier, and Pro
• Certificate in instructional technology or other learning disciplines
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication skills (verbal and written
• Advanced computer skills
• Proof-reading skills
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.