Operations Quality Assurance Auditor (OQAA)
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Mon through Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm, occasional extended periods of time as necessary)
• Reports To: IAEP Program Manager
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Operations Quality Assurance Auditor (QQAA), you will impact PSA Airlines’ business growth by assisting in the management associated with the quality of the Internal Audit and Evaluation Program. In confirming that company processes are in accordance with the standards and procedures established, you will help to identify potential hazards and thereby ensure safer operations.
• Provide effective direction and assistance of the Internal Audit Evaluation Program.
• Aid in the maintenance, content, and currency of the IAEP Manual.
• Ensure auditors are trained to perform audit duties in accordance with standards and procedures as established through IAEP.
• Assist in the execution of the IAEP and input findings into SMS.
• Support facilitation of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Operational Safety Audit (IOSA).
• Respond to special audit requests from senior management.
• Review audit and evaluation results, recommendations, and responses.
• Identify significant findings arising from audits to senior management for root cause analysis review.
• Collaborate with system, process, and function owners to ensure that hazards identified during audits are mitigated.
• Ensure follow-up audits or evaluations are completed as required.
• Ensure compliance levels are accurately documented and reported.
• Report unresolved instances of inadequate corrective action/responses to the IAEP Manager and VPOS.
• Ensure audit and evaluation records are maintained and current.
• Assemble audit and evaluation trend data for presentation to senior management.
• Communicate and coordinate with FAA, IATA, vendors, and audit organizations as required.
• Collaborate with managers throughout the organization in the management of operational risk.
• Assist with OSHA standard management and the recording/reporting of occupational injuries.
• Support record management of occupational injuries for submission to the Bureau of Labor.
• Aid in the ordering, tracking, and upkeep of emergency equipment for all facilities.
• Ensure currency of emergency escape routes and signage for all facilities.
• Assist in the enforcement and guidance of EPA standards and regulations.
• Coordinate, track and report all injury/illness, accident and incident reports and investigations.
• Assist with the currency and maintenance of the Safety Policy and Procedures Manual and Management Policy Manual.
• Prepare and distribute reports to federal, state and local safety authorities as required.
• Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• In absence, duties are shared by the IAEP Manager and the Manager of Safety.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to perform statistical analysis
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Bachelor’s degree in aviation or aviation safety
• Two years of auditing related experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Handling sensitive situations
• Professional aptitude
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.