Inflight Training Supervisor
• Location: Charlotte NC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM; with an expectation of occasional on site office coverage on evenings and weekends as job duties demand
• Reports To: Manager, Inflight Training
• Direct Reports: All inflight Training Specialist
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Occasional out-of-area and overnight travel may be required
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Inflight Training Supervisor impacts PSA Airlines’ design of the Inflight training programs. This position supervises and collaboratively works with training management, instructional staff and subject matter experts to understand training needs to create effective, skill based training solutions. Aiding in the development of Inflight personnel, ensuring PSA employees are well equipped.
• Supervision and scheduling of Inflight Training Specialists, including evaluation of Instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, as well as providing recommendations for improvement.
• Plan, develop, and provide training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
• Conducting Inflight Instructor meetings
• Assisting with interviews.
• Coaching, counseling and performance reviews.
• Collaborate with Inflight Standards Supervisor to ensure consistent application of all training curriculum.
• Retain qualification and currency as PSA Airlines Flight Attendant on all aircraft types to which flight attendants are assigned.
• Acquire and maintain comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements (CFRs, TSRs, DOTs, security directives), company policies and procedures.
• Departmental oversight in cases of the Manager of Inflight Training’s absence.
• Conduct Flight Attendant training courses and deliver curriculum in cases of an Inflight Trainer’s absence.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and the company.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Flight Attendant experience and certification
• Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, CFR Part 121
• Employee and union relations training
• 3-5 years in a supervisory position
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study
• 3-5 years in a supervisory position in the aviation field
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Performance management
• Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 42 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.