OCC Development and Training Specialist
Location: Dayton, OH
Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (occasional extended periods of time as necessary)
Reports To: Director- Flight Operations planning and Development
Direct Reports: None
Relocation: Some assistance available
Travel: 15% overnight travel
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The OCC Development and Training Specialist impacts PSA Airline’s Dispatch and Crew Scheduling Development department; planning, directing, and coordinating the training and development activities.
The OCC Development & Training Specialist will work collaboratively with training management, instructional staff and subject matter experts to evaluate training needs and create industry leading training solutions allowing dispatch and crew scheduling managers and supervisors to focus on their employees and operational integrity.
• Plan, direct, or coordinate development activities and training
• Design and develop training materials utilizing web-based training programs and Learning Management Systems to meet dispatch and crew scheduling training requirements.
• Work collaboratively with a diverse team (department managers and supervisors, customer representatives, subject matter experts, instructional staff, program developers) to research, design, develop and implement effective training solutions.
• Provide timely status updates and reports on assigned projects and organizational performance to supervisor.
• Take ownership of assigned projects and do what is necessary to ensure assigned projects are completed on schedule and to department standards.
• Directs and cultivates effective collaboration with third party vendors and programs. Design of both in-house and with expert third parties, solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, experiential learning, distance learning and online learning.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the effective and efficient operation of the department and company.
• Is the subject matter expert for all the software used by Dispatch and crew scheduling personnel.
• Responsible along with the Manager - Ground Training, for the planning and execution of the approved Dispatcher Training Program.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2-5 years of relevant work experience (in similar field and/or industry)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• BA or BS
• Working knowledge of Adobe Captive, Premier, and Pro
• 5-10 years of relevant work experience (in similar field and/or industry)
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Collaborative approach to problem solving
• Coaching & Development
• Time & performance management
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.