Manager of Maintenance Operations
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Reports To: Regional Maintenance Manager
Travel: 20% travel should be expected
Relocation: Assistance Available
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Manager of Maintenance Operations is responsible for fostering and leading relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve top-tier operational performance. This position will provide third party oversight as it relates to maintenance and ground operations and be responsible for inventory management. This highly autonomous position will report directly to the Regional Maintenance Manager and also work closely with the Director of Supply Chain Operations as well as the PSA safety department and local Air Operations leadership.
• Assist and support the Vice President of Maintenance and Engineering and other senior management in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
• Provide oversight of third-party maintenance provider ensuring contractual obligations are being met and operational performance expectations are being achieved.
• Act as a liaison between ground operations and the PSA Safety and Security department.
• Collaborate with and assist Air Operations leadership where necessary to achieve superior operational performance.
• Assist both the Director of Maintenance and Director of Supply Chain Operations in the development and achievement of performance KPI’s.
• Drive continuous improvement methodologies to eliminate waste and improve efficiency.
• Ensure compliance with all PSA required policies, practices, procedures, and processes.
• Compile and provide various reports and data packages as required or requested.
• Keep senior management appraised of all actual or potential negative conditions that may affect aircraft maintenance and ground operations.
• Ability to identify efficiency roadblocks, develop strategic initiatives, and execute on processes to remove performance barriers.
• Manage aircraft parts inventory to include but not limited to:
• Order all materials within established guidelines to meet planned maintenance and aircraft on ground (AOG) requirements.
• Performs the Receiving, Inspection, and binning of the daily deliveries of materials and shipment of repairs and stock transfers within established standards and times.
• Assures that all parts issued and cores returned are accounted for from the contracted maintenance team on site on a daily basis.
• Required to be proficient in all aspects of stockroom operations. This includes, but is not limited to computerized management and issuance of materials, hazmat receiving and shipping, shelf life monitoring, cycle counting, storage, packaging, receiving of materials, disposal of hazardous waste, and scrapping of BER materials per established company guidelines.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Associates degree in aviation maintenance or equivalent experience
• Current A&P License
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• At least four years of aviation related maintenance experience
• Two years of experience in a supervisory capacity
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time and performance management
• Organizational skills
• Problem solving
• Communication skills (verbal and written)
Work Environment: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This job operates up to 15% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs/ladder; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen. Must be able to obtain airport SIDA badging, Hazmat Shipping Certification and the ability to become a Hazmat trainer required.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.