Assistant Director of Maintenance & Engineering IT Solutions
• Work Schedule: Full time (occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Director of Continuous Improvement
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some assistance available
• Travel: Travel maybe expected of this position. Not to exceed 25%
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. Eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Assistant Director of Maintenance & Engineering IT Solutions is responsible for the reliability of PSA’s Maintenance software. This role will effectively configure and manage the application for peak efficiency and recommend business solutions. The Assistant Director will oversee troubleshooting, system testing and enhancements. This role will keep the Maintenix system on the cutting edge to deliver superior results to PSA. On behalf of the entire maintenance organization, act as the primary liaison between maintenance and the IT organization to advance and implement IT related projects/initiatives.
• Partner with IFS and business partners to develop and implement Maintenix Enhancements.
• Establish and maintain the PSA User Acceptance Testing Criteria for each new Version and Patch Update revision cycle.
• Assist with Work Instruction reviews and modification recommendations.
• Collaborate with Maintenance training in designing and developing basic, intermediate, and advanced Maintenix courses.
• Assist with integrating Maintenix into new software solutions that PSA implements.
• Manage and execute the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans and periodic testing.
• Responsible for creation, configuration and maintenance of Roles, Permissions, and Locations in Maintenix.
• Design and implement system review process of Maintenix
• Manage and coordinate required reviews by process owners for Roles, Permissions, and Users in Maintenix.
• Manage and coordinate required reviews by process owners for Database Rules Reports.
• Develop and implement change management strategy relating to Maintenix
• Monitor the adoption and utilization of change initiatives
• Manage and coordinate the Management of Change and Risk Assessments relating to Maintenix.
• Oversight of IFS Success Support budget spend.
• Salesforce ticket management (for IFS/Maintenix specific issues).
• Business Analytics support for Block Optimization, task duration review, recommendations.
• Partner with Information Technology to determine which features will be added to each application and coordinate the release schedule.
• Write Agile user stories in Rally to capture business requirements.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• In absence, the Director of Continuous Improvement will handle the delegation of duty
• Proven experience in design and implementation of Maintenance software solutions
• At least 5 years of technical experience within a 49CFR Part 121 Airline Maintenance experience.
• Must have advanced knowledge of Maintenix software.
• Project management certification/experience
• Knowledge of Project management and data visualization software
• Strong communication and analytical skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Engineering and/or Business or equivalent.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• Must be able to demonstrate right to work in the US
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this role, you should be great at:
• Prioritizing multiple tasks
• Proficient in Microsoft Word Suite
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position
Work Environment: This job operates inside a climate controlled building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.